Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dare You To Move, Prologue


This fic is based off a quote from the Hills by Lauren Conrad: "Love is not a maybe thing, you know when you love someone.

Prologue

My name is Breanna Linden. I am a fashion designer and intern for the Vancouver Canucks. Vancouver is just a place somewhere in the world. Maybe it's a lot like your world. Maybe it's nothing like it. This city and their hockey team, the Vancouver Canucks, were destined to win the Stanley Cup. But it came down with many disappointments. But now they want to prove it and if you look very closely, you might see someone like you. Or my best friend, Ryan Kesler, who is trying to find his way; his place on this team; or just trying to find himself. He was lost last year after finding out that his father, Mike was diagnosed with small intestine cancer and that was mostly on his mind more than the season. Believe me I would not blame him.

My brother, Trevor Linden is many things to the Vancouver Canucks. The heart-and-soul, one time captain and now a consumate athlete that many people look up to. He's my older, protective brother, but he was there for me when many people didn't believe I was talent enough to make it out there. We were raised in a family that loved and breathe hockey but our father, Lane, made sure that we always learned life lessons. He brought out the passion in my brother that I see right now. But our father is now fighting cancer, non-hodgkins lymphoma and right now he is putting up a strong battle to make sure that he is there to see his son retire from hockey.

I guess I wish that I could get my own father to understand that I loved this career that I have gotten into but there was no way to convince him. I guess I should have said something. Anything to convince him that I made a right career choice.

My name is Breanna Linden. I am the younger sister of Trevor Linden. I am a fashion designer and an intern for the canucks. A career that my father didn't approve but my close friend did. At least I have a close friend who approves.

Vancouver is just a place somewhere in the world. Maybe it's a lot like your world. Maybe it's nothing like it. But if you look closer, you might see someone like you. Someone trying to find their place. Someone trying to their self.

Sometimes it is easy to feel like you are the only one in the world who's struggling, who's frustrated or unsatisfied at barely getting by life. But that feeling's a lie. And if you just hold on, just find the courage to face it all for another day, someone or something will find you and make it all okay. Because we all need a little help sometimes. Someone to help us hear the music in the world, to remind us that it won't always be this way. That someone is out there and that someone will find you.

But now it's time to find your self and move on. That's exactly what I am going to do. I am going to move on and find love.

No comments: